- *Connect with your community and make new friends
- *Have fun
- *Have the opportunity to contribute to social change
- *Help promote awareness of the needs and services in our community
- *Become important to someone else
- *Be a significant part of a team
- *Interact with people of different ages and cultures
- *Learn new skills and gain confidence by facing new challenges
- *Develop professional networks
- *Receive health benefits such as alleviate depression and increase life satisfaction
What is volunteering?
How can you volunteer with the City of Marion?
What types of volunteering can I do already?
We offer a variety of programs to volunteer in, such as the Community Bus, Libraries, Community Centres, Social Inclusion programs and Justice of the Peace.
These varied places have just as many varied volunteers, and we encourage anyone with an interest to apply. If we cannot find a role suitable to you, we will endeavour to find a role outside our organisation.
What are the benefits of being a volunteer?
The list is a long one. Through volunteering, you can: